QS/1′s Store Workflow module helps pharmacies break down the prescription filling process to maximize available resources, and improve efficiency and productivity. With only a few keystrokes from any screen, users can check the status of prescriptions. Send problem prescriptions to a separate queue for resolution by a qualified staff member without disrupting the dispensing process. This flexible module can accommodate your pharmacy’s unique resources, processes and procedures. QS/1′s Store Workflow module helps boost quality assurance with onscreen drug images, prescription scanning and NDC barcode scanning. In fact, pharmacies using our workflow tools have reported as much as a 66% reduction in errors.
- Create your own custom workflow system using up to seven phases: Prescription Intake, New Order Entry, Verify New Orders, Label/Dispense, Quality Assurance Check, Delivery/Will Call and Error Resolution.
- Use clinical checking to verify new orders before adjudication.
- Simplify staff training by focusing trainees on only one aspect of the prescription filling process.
- Utilize workflow to provide more time for patient care.
- Send problem prescriptions to a separate error resolution queue so they don’t hold up the filling process.
- Assign specific staff to expedite error resolution.
- Assign and train designated personnel for specific tasks.
- Organize daily activities and repetitive tasks to improve productivity.
- Automatically move prescriptions from one step to the next.
- Group and prioritize orders coming in from different sources: IVR, fax, e-prescribe, Internet or paper.
- Use prescription intake to scan and store prescription images until a pharmacist/technician enters the prescriptions.
- Improve customer service by letting customers know the status of prescriptions at any given time.
- Locate prescriptons anywhere in the process using the Check Workflow Status feature with a few keystrokes from any screen.
- Query prescription status from the QS/1 Point-of-Sale or pharamcy system.
- Track activities to identify which staff members performed which tasks.
- Utilize barcode scanning for faster, more accurate processing.
- Scan NDC barcode to verify drug accuracy.
- Scan hardcopy prescription record for later review and verification.
- Provide final safety check by verifying prescription image, pill image, NDC verification and signature.
Reporting and Security
- Analyze in-depth audit logs to identify areas for productivity enhancements.
- Set appropriate security levels for each employee.
- Protect patient data with HIPAA-compliant Workflow module.