Equipping You for What’s Next
Are you optimizing how you use NRx? It’s built to be powerful and flexible, ready for wherever you’d like to take your pharmacy. QS/1 wants to ensure you have the knowledge and support you need to make NRx work best for you.
Below, you’ll find tips about popular tools in our software, many compiled from frequently asked questions to the QS/1 support team, that can help move you in the right direction – further and faster.
Did you know you can select Ctrl + F to access the Search field from anywhere in your QS/1 Pharmacy Management System?
Information and reference tools are a click away. Bookmark your favorite websites from inside the application.
Make the most of your report-printing experience. To avoid changing Select, Sort, and Print Options on reports, use the Report Manager. This feature allows you to save up to 99 different copies of a canned report.
To access the Report Manager, click Select Options > Manage > New. Type a brief description for the report and click Save. To run the report later, click Manage, and then click the name of the report.
Automatically run reports by scheduling when, how often, and where selected reports print. To do so, access Store Control > Report Scheduler. Click New to create a new schedule, select the appropriate folder for the report, select the appropriate report(s), and schedule when the report(s) prints, how often the report(s) prints, and which printer the report(s) will print to. The Windows® Client must be up to print scheduled reports. If reports are printing to a network printer, the Windows Client for that printer must be up as well. QS/1 suggests reports be scheduled to print at the close of business, prior to the nightly backup.
Get a quick glance of pharmacy information without running the Daily Audit Report. From the Rx Processing Tasks, click Transaction Update - Daily Recap. View or print total number of Rxs and total dollars sold for the day.
Save time and eliminate extra steps by adding frequently used menu options to the sidebar. Once added, a simple click takes you directly to the option. To set up the sidebar and add items:
- Click File, select Preferences, and check Show Sidebar. The sidebar displays on the left side of the screen.
- Click the Edit Sidebar icon to view items available for display.
- Double click the item and edit the caption, if desired. Click Add.
- Click Save and Close.
The Tickler is primarily used for refill reminders, but it can also show various messages.
- Go to Store Control > Store Level Options > Rx Processing > Tickler File Options.
- Check the following flags to autogenerate messages:
- New Rxs from Prescriber
- Cancel Rx from Prescriber
- New Rx Request
- New Rx Response
- From Rx Processing Tasks, click Tickler Scan.
- Click Manage, New, and name the scan “New eRxs.”
- Now, click Save.
- On the Select Options, answer YES to [Tickler].New Rx-From Doc and choose your desired date range. Click Next.
- Complete the Sort Options. These messages are now pending to be processed. In the Tickler Scan, select each one to make a new eRx.
Note: Pharmacy at a Glance also displays new eRxs.
Reduce new prescription entry times with the SIG Builder. The SIG Builder allows you to create and edit customized Sigs without manually entering the text when creating new prescriptions.
- To access the SIG Builder, from the main menu bar, click Edit > Search > SIG Builder.
- To locate a SIG Code, type the code in the Search field and click Find or press Enter.
- The desired SIG abbreviation displays.
- To edit the SIG Code, click in the field to the right of the English Expansion for the code to edit.
Note: If you purchased Spanish Sigs, the system does not modify Spanish Expansions if changes are made to English Expansions.
- Type the necessary information. Click Save.
- Click Reports > Customized > Import. The Import Custom Report window displays.
- Click Browse Templates Online. Custom Report options display.
- Click the report name. Click Download and follow the prompts.
- Click Save As to save the report at a location you can access at your convenience.
- From the Import Custom Report window, click Load Template. Navigate to the folder where you saved the report.
- Click the .qcr file; click Open. A prompt displays that the import was successful. Click OK.
- Click Reports > Customized > Saved Reports to view the saved report.
Override the default setting to send a label or report to a different printer other than the store default.
- From the client, go to File > Default Printer Selection > Workstation Printing.
- Each option displayed can be directed to a printer, drawer, and/or font independently of the store's defaults. Make your selections. Click Save.
Note: If the No Selection or Default options are selected, the system will continue to use the store's default.
Want to know how adherent a patient is to his or her medication regimen? Use the Medication Possession Ratio (MPR) feature.
- Check Activate MPR% box in Store Control > Store Level Options.
- Go to Drug Record > Clinical and check the MPR Drug.
- Fill the patient’s prescriptions as usual and run the Patient MPR% Report to calculate his/her MPR%.
Note: Patient MPR refers to how adherent the patient is at getting all his/her prescriptions filled. MPR% refers to how adherent the patient is at getting a specific Rx filled. Compounds, Profiled, Expired, and Discontinued Rxs are exempt from the MPR%.
NRx allows for billing interventions or services to improve patient health outcomes. Enter outcomes in the system as follows:
- The MTM Queue on the Rx Processing Tasks bar
- The Patient Record (“MTM Eligible”)
- The Patient Chart
While you’re investigating what your pharmacy can do – through RedSail Advantage™ – to play an active role in immunizing patients, be sure to examine the tools already available in NRx. The Patient Chart, accessed from the Patient Record by clicking View > Chart, can be used for medication therapy management (MTM) purposes (additional medications, progress notes, lab values), as well as tracking immunizations.
Inputting patients’ medication lists allows pharmacies to perform clinical checking against prescriptions that were filled at a different pharmacy. Tracking immunizations on the Immunization Record allows you to better advise patients on what immunizations they need and printing an Immunization History report allows patients to see exactly what immunizations they have already been given.
Save your patients multiple trips to the pharmacy by synchronizing their medications. Not only will it save time, but it could increase adherence. Cycle Rx must be enabled under Store Level Options. The patient must be added to a Cycle Rx Group. Once the Cycle Rx prescription is filled, the system displays the due date and number of days until the next refill or the number of days overdue. View and fill Cycle Rx prescriptions with refills from the patient’s profile. Cycle Rx can be used in conjunction with InstantFill® and Health-Minder®.
Not only is contactless payment processing protected through encryption, but it reduces unnecessary contact. If your POS system is enabled for EMV, you can process contactless transactions. Just ensure “Allow Contactless Credit/Debit Transactions” is checked in Store Control > Store Level Options > Transaction. Once done, your signature pad will start prompting Insert, Swipe, or Tap Card. Don’t have QS/1’s Point-of-Sale? Watch a demo here.
- Go to the QS/1 website. Click Customer Login and enter your credentials.
- Under Software Service Pack Details & Downloads, click Support Downloads.
- Click Sorted by Name, and then click Workstation Client Components.
- Click Download and save the file. Once the file download is complete, click the appropriate option (Internet Explorer, Firefox, or Chrome) to run the installation file.
- Maintain the default options and click Next until the install is complete. Once the client has been added to your desktop, click the icon.
- Click Start; type the appropriate product at Application Name and the system loads other necessary files to make the client function properly.
Note: The secondary name is user defined, and the server is the IP address where the QS/1 Server is located.
Want to stay ahead of the game and know from day-to-day, week-to-week, or month-to-month what prescriptions are due for refill? If so, check out the Health-Minder Report. Enter the desired refill due date or a date range for prescriptions, and the report displays what prescriptions are due for refill.
To access the report, sign into the system, and click Reports > Management > Health-Minder.
Rest easy knowing your critical data is safe, if a disaster occurs. Every day, at a time of your choosing, Remote Backup transmits your AES-encrypted data to two different physical locations that are backed up with power generators and redundant communication links. Your last 10 backups are retained. QS/1 knows recovery doesn't end with just having the data, so we provide personnel to load, configure, and test your system. If needed, we will set up online access, so you can get back to work quickly. Read more here.
See information on the latest enhancements and bug fixes (addendum) by going to the top left box on qs1support.com.
Find searchable, product-specific Help Guides on the customer support site. The guides are updated with each service pack to stay current.
Our product managers and analysts walk you through the changes and improvements in each new NRx service pack. Visit qs1support.com.
Current customers, remember that you can log in to hub.redsailtechnologies.com for product help, training resources, webinars, service pack details, and more. If you have an urgent need, please call 800.845.7558.