Check out 4 developments in our field that are worth knowing about – and 1 extra, just because.
- FDA Patient Education Campaign Targets Opioid Diversion, Disposal
The FDA has launched a public awareness program called Remove the Risk. The agency contends that “if every household removed prescription opioids once they’re no longer medically needed… it would have a major impact on the opioid crisis.”
- FTC Charges Surescripts with Illegal Monopolization of E-Prescription Markets
The federal agency is suing the company for anticompetitive restraints that monopolize routing and eligibility services in the electronic prescribing market.
- NCPA, NACDS Statement on Drug Pricing Rule’s Failure to Reform Pharmacy DIR
After a final drug pricing rule failed to reform DIR fees, the National Community Pharmacists Association and the National Association of Chain Drug Stores expressed disappointment and frustration, warning of the unsustainable situation faced by pharmacies.
- USP Compounding Updates Nearing Publication, Implementation
Chapters that contain revised standards for sterile and non-sterile compounding, as well as for radiopharmaceuticals, will be published June 1 for implementation by December 1.
5. Facebook Takes Steps to Reduce Vaccine Misinformation
The company announced that groups or pages that post inaccurate information about vaccines will see their rankings reduced in the news feed and search results.